Friday, February 25, 2011

Almost The End


Summer 2008
I Thought I would give you a taste of what has happened to this little old house over the last fifteen years. It has grown in size, changed color, become more energy efficient, increased in value, added a couple surprise recreational elements and become very busy with three small children. I hope to share, in upcoming posts, how I got to this point, things I have learned along the way, materials I have used and mistakes I have made. My goal with this blog is to help people transform their homes like I have by sharing ideas, knowledge and resources. I will admit when I started work on the house I considered myself a novice DIYer and as I look back now I would have done a few things differently. I still have a lot to learn but there is so much info out there that if you have basic skills and the ability to apply that info you can do just about anything. I spent many hours on the internet doing research, reading other blogs, subscribing to home improvement forums and just sucking up as much as I could. I also called in a lot of favors from my friends who made me realize I could have never done this without them. A special thanks goes out to Krystyn and Bill Silver of Hasting-Silver Construction. They are great people and friends who helped me tremendously along the way.